Friday, March 14, 2008

Can You Hear Me Now? (Voice and Audience Intro)

The voice and audience section was the most difficult of the portfolio categories for me to find a good fit within my writings. I re-read the prompt several times and decided to look for a discussion board post which seemed to have birthed conversation within the class. This particular post got several responses, a few of which questioned why I was so passionate, and even angry, in regard to this subject. I've incorporated my response to that question into the original post as both were relevant to the dialog and combined they give more insight into my view on this matter. In order to challenge the audience to question what the folks behind the scenes of pop culture are laying out on the table, I made statements such as: "Despite of the moral red flags, the gullible public pays their hard earned money for it, eats it up, takes it in and makes it a part of who they are." Although some may strongly disagree, my stance is clearly stated and my approach to this topic really seemed to engage the other students in the class, who it is clearly geared at reaching.

No comments: