"Wants Over Needs" comes the closest of all my writings to really portraying who I am. My thesis, "Communities have become less about filling each other's needs, less about working together and more of a compilation of self centered people, merely co-existing," reveals the emotional journey I experienced as a part of the unit on community. I realized that there is something missing in my life that was lost through the process of commercialization and the materialism boom in this country. This paper illustrates what I value and has an extensive personal reference. Upon completion I knew it would be part of my portfolio, but I teetered back in forth on whether to place it in the "voice" slot or the "writer's choice" slot. After reading over all of my work from the quarter I determined this to be one of my strongest papers and also one of my favorites. Writer's choice it is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment